I was just looking for my Resolution post from last year and realized that I didn’t post anything! I also nuked my list that I keep in Evernote to make room for 2013 goals so I can’t remember everything I wanted to accomplish this past year to check to see how I did. Oh well! The main thing I feel when I look back on 2012 is how fast it seemed to go. Things that I thought happened in say, actually happened in February.
Here’s my 2013 Resolution and/or Goal List:
- Be better about taking a daily vitamin
- Build drawers for the pantry
- Print/silkscreen fabric
- Blog more – and more consistently
- Create art from personal family stories
- Work on the house – quit being lazy
- Take better photos
- Sew more of my clothes
- Organize my crap
- Keep working out consistently, especially with the weight training
- Eat better – less bacon
- Make cheese
- Make pasta
- Master the art of Hypertufa
- Build a coldframe and a potting bench
- Front porch – get some damn pots already!
My goals are not super grand…I don’t want to run a marathon or anything like that. I’m not even sure that they can be considered “resolutions” but I take comfort in setting goals for the year ahead. I feel like it gives me structure and a sort of roadmap for the year. The most important thing is that I don’t beat myself up if I don’t accomplish what I want to do. I think the “front porch” goal has been on this list for the past five years and I haven’t slit my wrists over that one yet. Yet.
Do you make resolutions?